Qblox is looking for an application scientist to help us build industrial-scale quantum computers
with our customers. We provide them with quantum control stacks that generate the analog
signals needed for the control and readout of quantum bits. In this job you will:
- Create new relations and manage existing relations with customers,
- Represent Qblox at conferences
- Visit customers around the world,
- (Co-)author white and scientific publications,
- Work with the marketing team in creating marketing material (website, videos),
- Connect to our hardware and software teams to improve our user experience,
For this role, we are looking for a scientist with:
- a PhD in physics with experimental research in NV centers or Trapped Ions,
- good communication skills,
- a hands-on mentality in making experimental setups work,
- experience in building and debugging experimental setups with RF signals,
- programming skills in Python,
- a drive to stay up to date with scientific literature in quantum technology,
- affinity with sales and marketing (experience is a pro),
- charismatic, enthusiastic, outgoing,
- fluency in Professional English.
At Qblox, we operate at the frontier of the quantum revolution delivering advanced technologies needed to build Quantum Computers. This field is rapidly growing and will impact society on a global level.
With a dedicated team of scientists, engineers and developers we are pushing quantum technology to support experimentalists worldwide with our scalable qubit control and readout equipment.
Since 2019, Qblox has grown into a dynamic company employing 50+ innovative, international minds, all dedicated to the company’s mission. We celebrate equality and diversity. We are growing exponentially and welcome talented individuals who share our enthusiasm to make a difference. We’re striving to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, experiences, and skills. If you are to join us, you can expect:
An international, interdisciplinary team of high-skilled physicists, engineers, designers and scientists with an open working culture
A high-curiosity, high-performance and invigorating team dynamic
Flexible working hours: hybrid working options and travel allowance for commute
30 days annual leave and holiday allowance
Company-sponsored retreats and Friday lunches
Modern, open office with proximity to QuTech facilities, shared with Delft-based quantum startups
Competitive compensation and participation plan
Opportunities for international travel for conferences, partnerships and customer visits
As a spin-out of the Delft-based quantum technology institute, 'QuTech' (a collaboration between the Delft University of Technology and TNO (Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research), our relationship with QuTech and other leading labs around the world enables us to implement the latest scientific insights and take a position up front in the worldwide race towards quantum computers.